I just bought “Il Sole d’Italia” (Vito’s paper) and we are officially mentioned in the article about the celebration of the World Cup in Playa del Carmen. I guess a French-Italian family watching the match at his office was news-worthy!
It is finally sinking in that we are becoming Mexican residents. Up to know, I have been amazed by the fact that so many things that are the same as in the States. But today, driving in the Calle Benito Juarez (a busy commercial avenue) we could see street vendors, men riding bikes with a sort of cart in front, mothers crossing the street with sleeping baby in their arms, and flocks of tourist who appeared a bit overwhelmed by the heat and the new environment… it was more than obvious that we were *not* in the United States!
We put in a deposit on the new house, and we are really looking forward to move on August 1st. Alain wants to buy a desk and an office chair and even a TV with a TV stand! I could live with the TV being on a chair, but Alain said we don’t have to live like students… I think we can… we are student of a new life.
No comments:
Post a Comment