
Alain spent most of the day at the Internet Café, so I took the kids for the afternoon stroll with our now traditional stop at the beachside playground. Our new routine is very much like in Brooklyn, except that here, they get to breathe the air from the Caribbean Sea while they play.
At the playground, a woman started to talk to me in all kind of languages until I finally figured out she was Italian. She was selling handcraft jewelry so I felt obliged to sustain her effort by buying something. I did not really like anything she had, so she went home and came back a little later with the bracelet I wanted. She had traveled all over Mexico and finally settled in Playa with her boyfriend. She is from the province of Sondrio (close to the Suisse border) and she does not want to go back (who can blame her!).
No comments:
Post a Comment