Monday, July 03, 2006

The Bank

This morning, I thought our laundry was piling up a little too much so I went to the Playcar laundry. The owner was Italian, so I think he will treat our clothes with respect.

In the afternoon I went to run errands just to get the feel of a resident’s life. I went to check two banks to see what I need to open a checking account. Once again, I was reminded that I should take a book with me at all times to make good use of my waiting time. Even when the line is small, there is still a good amount of waiting because people chit-chat and they are not in really in any hurry. Plus today was pay day, so everybody was lining up at the bank to cash their check (direct deposit seems like a foreign concept).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another little Mexican trick for you: Erika is teling me that Vito has a Miami cellphone (American number at Latin American prices)... Ask him how it works! How are you guys? The kids are not posting any message for their loved and cherished uncle 'babe', the artist formerly known as uncle 'ti', formerly known as 'pasticcino'?