Monday, July 17, 2006

Life like in Cefalù (minus the Cathedral!)

Living here is like living Cefalù: you go somewhere and you meet someone you know, you stop by for a little chat and go on with your day. Today, I went to Monex again to give them the rest of the information they needed..

On the way there I met Vito, who was at Café Gitano just across from Monex. Café Gitano is owned by Benedetto, a guy from Palermo… I am sure soon I will find a long lost cousin.

I forgot to mention a major improvement in my life: I do not do laundry anymore. One year of no washing, drying, ironing, and folding sounds pretty good to me. I guess I could do this in the States as well, but here, I trust the Italian guy who owns the local Laundromat, I know he’ll use the good Mexican soap and not some cheap version of Tides. Plus the folding is impeccable. On the top of that, I get a discount!

In the afternoon, we discovered a new beach south of Playa, close to the Copacabana Hotel. There were few bungalows with some hippy French tourists and a family of Mexican and basically that’s it. The water was warm and clear. I also came to this sad conclusion: Oscar is like Alain, he prefers the beach at sundown!

No comments: