Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Superman

Matthias and Oscar both have an ear infection. Lisa, Lorenzo's wife recommend a pediatrican and I went to see him yesterday. Apparently it's too much swimming pool! They need antibiotics and, for Oscar, also ear drops. The doctor gave us a prescription, which looked a bit like a shopping list on the back of a regular piece of paper, but we got what we needed from the local pharmacy.

At the doctor, I met Lara, an Italian woman with a little girl of M & O age who is going to attend the same school.

The problem now is: how to keep these kids two days out of the water?

Well, we went to the movies today. The choices are limited so I took them to see "Superman Returns". That should tell you how little I know about the whole "Superman" thing... that movie was *not* for kids!

Some scenes were pretty scary for 4-year olds, so I had to reassure them through the movie that, no matter how bad the situation seemed, Superman was going to show up real soon. But at times, it was so intense that they were literally jumping off their seats! Maybe it was a bit too much going from "Dora The Explorer" to "Superman" without proper transition.

On the way back, we met Anjelica, Angeliquita and the all family. We promised to visit them as soon as the ear infections are over.

No comments: