Saturday, August 26, 2006

Crococun Zoo

We went to see this incredible petting zoo nearby, not to be missed by anyone who has kids! You get to pet crocodiles, snakes, iguana, deers, monkeys, Mexican dogs (a sort of dog with no hair). M & O were super excited, as you can imagine.

Of course we had to put the snakes around our necks, which I hated but I had to do it to show the example!

After the zoo, we went exploring Puerto Morelos, a town with little tourism but still a small beach club. We ate on the beach and it was a first for the kids.

In the evening, I went with Julieta (Vito’s wife) and Eli (Lorenzo’s wife) to THE social event of the week: a competition of bartenders for the best new cocktail.

The event was on the beach at Mamita’s and they were presenting all kinds of very colorful and interesting looking drinks, I had to take some pictures for Vito’s paper and take some notes. The VIP of Playa del Carmen were all there!

No comments: