Friday, June 30, 2006

The Reef

This morning, I decided that the place was too messy with all the suitcases opened up on the floor and it was time to put a bit of order in this house. I can’t believe how much clothing my kids have…and they are boys!

We loaded the kids in our tiny car and headed for The Reef, a hotel-resort 5 minutes away from the house. The resort is in a beautiful okra-red color, surrounded by trees and nature (we even went by an iguana enjoying a ray of sun).

There are two pools and obviously the beach, with turquoise super-warm water. The biggest problem of the day was to choose between the beach, pool number 1 or pool number 2, where the kids made friends. Pool number 2 had also the advantage to be around a bar, so we had easy access to pinacoladas and mojitos. We had lunch at the restaurant by the pool. This was actually the first time M & O ate “grown-up food” in a restaurant without making or scene or without Nazi-Mom needed to force feed anyone.
The boys are almost ready to swim. Oscar was getting cozy with Emily, an Hispanic-American girl coming from Texas. Maybe one day he is going to live close to Uncle Steve, happy as can be in beautiful Houston, TX!

It is incredible to see the consistency of Oscar’s tastes: always Hispanic, always older and always with personality. Emily (or “princess” as she likes to be known) was asking me why was Oscar grabbing her all the time. I told her it was because she was good at jumping in the water. I am sure she was looking for a more flattering answer. I got to talk to the parents who seemed nice. I think we’ll need to go back to the Reef to get better acquainted with the potential in-laws.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

vero...
I am not sure I can entirely agree upon your judgement upon Oscar's taste for the female gender... yes for the Older and yes for the personality <:-)> but for the Hispanic... he also seemed at one point in his life to be keen on eurasian...
Allora??? Siete gia in Messico!! Vi vengo a trovare quest'anno...
Bacione!

Lisa
e la prima volta che uso il Blogger, non so come funziona...

Anonymous said...

vero...
I am not sure I can entirely agree upon your judgement upon Oscar's taste for the female gender... yes for the Older and yes for the personality <:-)> but for the Hispanic... he also seemed at one point in his life to be keen on eurasian...
Allora??? Siete gia in Messico!! Vi vengo a trovare quest'anno...
Bacione!

Lisa
e la prima volta che uso il Blogger, non so come funziona...